Re: [MV] looking to buy 6x6

From: william f cox (grntrks@juno.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 17:51:15 PST

Just from my personal exp. I would look for signs of brake fluid on tires
under truck, ( or gear oil streaks ), oil leaking from clutch bell
housing drain ( indicating trans or rear main engine seal leaking ) and
under hood for signs of fuel/oil gaskets leaking.
My truck also had too much play in steering. Found broken and loose
bolts that mount steering gearbox to chassis. Also found broken and
missing studs on top of left front steering knuckle that mount the plate
for steering rod. The steering drag link also needed adjustment.
That should give you a few places to start with. I am sure others on
this list can give more places for you to look. These are just a few of
the things I had to fix on my truck.

Frank

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 03:07:24 -0600 John Fuller <hotrod@mvp.net> writes:
> Hi list,
>
> Need help in what to look for when buying an AM GEN MDL 35A2C with
> 48000 miles and 426 hours that Government Liq. Has on auction early
> next month located close to me in Missouri. I currently have an
> M1008 and M1009 and I know these trucks inside and out, but I have
> no experience with the 35a2c and need help on what to look for
> before I bid.
>
> Thanks John Fuller
> 1984 M1009 45,000 miles mint condition
> 1985 M1008 beater with snow plow
>

> ===Mil-Veh is a member-supported mailing list==To unsubscribe, send
> e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>
> <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

Frank Cox (grntrks@juno.com)
MVPA 14530