truck brakes

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 06:39:37 PST

To those who do not know about brakes on M123a1 - I do not know if this
applies to M125 also -

If you have no air on M123a1 you have no brakes -AT ALL- and unlike
commercial trucks with "air brakes" it will start and you can drive it, true
enough air warning buzzer is sounding (unless it is broken - or something),
when you step on brake pedal all that happens is pedal goes to floor.

 I am sure this would also apply to the directional brake lever.

This brake system sure make it scary to pull start M123a1, the pulling
vehicle better stay well in front until 10 ton builds some air pressure.

 BEEN THERE DONE THAT

And do not tell me about parking brake use to stop in this situation, yes
there is a parking brake and on this 37,000+ truck that is exactly what it
is "Parking brake" again - BEEN THERE DONE THAT

Everette

Not always correct; but never in doubt
-----