The power of snow on stored equipment

From: Ronzo (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 07:37:38 PST

    Wandered up to Hankies to play MV yesterday. In the fall we put on the
cargo covers on his M105 and my M105 and M101CDN trailers, doing what we
thought were good moves. NOT!!!
    The snow of the past couple of weeks were fatal to my M105s bows. One
snapped under the load and when the top sank into the trailer, it took ALL
the other bow corners and supports with it. All were bent over, with some
actually torn from the side racks, along with rivets and welds.
    We dropped the covers on both trailers into the trailers...the M101's
bows and corners appear intact, but won't know until the snow melts if the
covers are intact.
    So, if you have anything bowed and covered and there is snow on it, go
get the snow off NOW, or at least go out and verify the bows have some
additional support, before it's too late.

Ronzo :-(