CUCV 200 amp electrical system on M1028's

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 06:08:02 PST

List,
    According to the TM, the 200 amp electrical system used on the M1010 was
also available on the M1028, but on "Selected M1028 trucks only", according
to the footnote. Does anyone know why these trucks would have come equipped
with this charging system? Did they come from the factory with an
air-conditioned shelter or was there some other reason behind this option?
    I have not read the entire -34 manual, but it does not seem to give any
specific reason for it to have been available. In some areas of
troubleshooting and maintenance, it does refer to the "M1010 and M1028
trucks with 200 amp system".

    Can anyone enlighten me as to why these trucks would have been outfitted
this way?

    Thanks,
        Neil