Re: [MV] M35 lockout hubs installed - fuel savings?

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 10:29:35 PST

You can net the same results here by removing one axle shaft. Same number of
bolts but no nuts and no crawling under the truck. I carry a small bowl to
catch the little bit of gear oil that drips out. Once done removing or
installing the shaft I dump the gear oil (maybe an ounce) into the fuel tank.
 Laugh if you will, Ive been doing it for decades with big trucks without any
problems. I do use a front drive flange as a cover when the shaft is
removed.