Re: [MV] First Post

From: R. A. Moir aka RAM (cyclopsram@starband.net)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 04:24:25 PST

It certainly will be difficult for you to get a M35 series truck from the
DRMO... Gov Liquidation has purchased all the assets of FSC 2320 and many
others for a period of several years in a process called Commercial Venture
II. CV 1 was the Levy Latham deal... You will either have to buy from
GSA, GL, or private or municipal auction or outright purchase from a
owner... If you buy from GL you will need to pass the EU requirements
which can take several months if you are not previously qualified...
There are literally thousands of msg re the use and care of the Trucks on
this and several other forums... I suggest you get several back issues of
MV and AM and SL as read the excellent articles on this series of trucks
which you will find there...Remember the licensing and insurance
requirements vary by state and also the Driver's license issue which causes
some problems in some localities...regarding Air over Hydraulic Brakes and
trailers over 10000 gvw and CDL etc... You will have fun with the M35 for a
long time as they are very durable trucks.. Make sure you get the full set
of 209 manuals including the LO. Then make your visual inspection and
decide.. Never had a bad one yet... RAM MVPA #217