Some Gama Goat Questions

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 19:33:59 PST

Got a couple questions for the gama goat crows out there.

1) Has anyone ever put a pto on the tranny? If so you happen to know a
Chelsea or other part number? or the basic characteristics (pitch, helix
angle, set back, etc.)

2) I am in need of the short drive shaft (double U joint with long slip) for
the steering between the two tubs and the drive shaft U joint assembly,
meaning two joints, the center plate, and the splined yoke that goes into
the trailer. Anyone have a spare to sell of either?

3) My engine has a self contained 60A alternator on it but the tractor tub
has a seperate regulator box (the engine came from a different goat) Did the
goats come with seperate regulators earlier, or did my tub have 100A system or?

4) Seems like even the military used black silicone in place of the gaskets
for the transfer case / hull / front diff connection. Not having any luck
finding the gaskets and don't really feel like making them, does the
silicone business seem to work well enough? I am assuming it would be a good
idea to pull the front diff back from the hull and clean and reseal that
surace along with the transfer case and bolt them together with fresh stuff
on both sides???

thanks,

je