Re: [MV] M37 lockouts

From: Greg (czechsix@cox.net)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 12:02:34 PST

I've used manual locking hubs on all my civvie stuff, and have them on the
WC52 also. Which isn't running yet, so I can't really talk about those - but
it should act the same as the others.

Hard to say about exactly how much reduced drivetrain wear/tire wear/"Jeff"
wear/etc, but it does become easier to steer. You generally notice less
torque is needed, and the front seems a bit
more....errrr.....hmmmm......lively?? Maybe that's the word I'm looking for.

I think, just from the standpoint of being very slightly less taxing on the
mechanical (over the lifespan) of the vehicle, that they're worth it. Plus
being easier to drive. And the real plus is having something else to fiddle
with before you put it into serious operation. Also, the entertainment value
of forgetting to unlock both sides because you're talking to your wife, and
wondering why the hell the durned thing is pulling to one side now.

Greg
Vista, CA