Re: [MV] Semi-Trailer Dolly questions...

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 12:37:21 PST

At 7:20 PM +0000 3/13/03, jimweb@endgame.demon.co.uk wrote:

>I would have thought that it would be better to get yourself a
>container and a dolly set lift. That way you could transport the
>ferret inside the container and use it for living in during the show.

The Ferret would fit, but the Humber would be a tight fit. I'd rather
not have to dismount the front wheels and shimmy it into a container
after every event. Driving up onto a trailer would be harder.

>Okay I suggest this as I have an ulterior motive - I want someone to
>test the viability towing a trailer dolly set and container long
>distances before the Ferret Trans-USA road-run in 2005.

You'd probably be better off with a container on the back of a
standard trailer. Easier to swap out the trailers if things go wrong
and more common parts for bearings and such.

What's the list of what you're needing to transport cross country?

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -