Re: [MV] Semi-Trailer Dolly questions...

From: jimweb@endgame.demon.co.uk
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 01:54:22 PST

Ryan M Gill wrote:

>> Okay I suggest this as I have an ulterior motive - I want someone to
>> test the viability towing a trailer dolly set and container long
>> distances before the Ferret Trans-USA road-run in 2005.
>

> You'd probably be better off with a container on the back of a standard
> trailer. Easier to swap out the trailers if things go wrong and more
> common parts for bearings and such.
>
> What's the list of what you're needing to transport cross country?

Well the plan at the moment is to ship the two ferrets across in a
container each that are doubling as ameneties and workshops units.
Mating them up with dolly sets when we get there. The question of what
we were going to tow them with has not quite arisen yet but I am hoping
to find a couple of 5-ton owners in each state that may be willing to
tow them across their state. Failing that we will have to get some
ourselves.

We are not going to do the trip as fast as we can but will spread it
across nearly two weeks. The Ferrets will not be returning and will
either be sold off or donated to a museum...

--
TTFN
Jim