Re: [MV] Semi-Trailer Dolly questions...

From: jimweb@endgame.demon.co.uk
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 11:20:08 PST

Ryan M Gill wrote:
> One of my ideas that I'm floating around for carrying the Ferret or
> Humber is to use a 12 to or so type low boy semi-trailer (single or dual
> axle) towed behind the 5 Ton with a Dolly type adaptor. Naturally, one
> is better off with the dolly feeding air to the back brakes on the
> semi-trailer as well as its own brakes.
>
> What are the major issues with such a set up? Clearly I'm looking at a
> class A drivers license if/when I set this up. What are the loading
> issues? Backing is impossible as I understand it.

I would have thought that it would be better to get yourself a container
and a dolly set lift. That way you could transport the ferret inside the
container and use it for living in during the show.

Okay I suggest this as I have an ulterior motive - I want someone to
test the viability towing a trailer dolly set and container long
distances before the Ferret Trans-USA road-run in 2005.

--
TTFN
Jim