Post war CCKW assmebly in Europe

From: Nigel Hay - MILWEB (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 05:32:09 PST

I have always believed that CCKW's were assembled in Europe from NOS
components by military workshops as part of the Marshall plan to re-arm
friendly nations and some of these Jimmies were assembled as late as 1955?
Assume this may have been done by troops with little else to do - can anyone
shed light on this?
Nige