Re: [MV] xm211, cckw, help!

From: Bobby Joe Pendleton II (bobbyjoe@chartertn.net)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 07:35:54 PST

I was toying with the idea of a V8 conversion in a M211 using the bell
housing from a M114 (fits both Chevy engines and M211 Transmission) and the
stock M211 Transmission, but I was afraid that hard shift from 1st to 2ed
might brake parts under a load. A Small Block with a 350 or 400 Turbo and
the CCKW transfer case (for low range) should work good You can even stay
with 24 volts by using the Distributor and wires form a M114 and starter
form a Military Blazer. You would have to fab up a couple of brackets for
the generator and air compressor, but should not be hard to do. The drive
train should be strong enough if you apply power easy and not abuse it.