Re: [MV] bio diesel and other fuel options

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 04:11:23 PST

One thing about used cooking oil is the water content, it must all be
removed in addition to the filtering. Apparently, the water interferes with
the catalyst.
The point with my previous post was the high cost of methanol. At
$20.00/gal, that would put a damper on any homebrew process...
Can we make our own methanol?
Another question that keeps popping up is: What EXACTLY clogs the filter(s)
when biodiesel is first used? What if the fuel tank is chemically cleaned
prior to filling up with biodiesel? Rinsing with methanol?

These don't seem like very big problems, just questions based on
inexperience.

Anyway, the way I see it, it's time to start collecting used cooking oil
while the above problems are being solved.

Cheers,
Bjorn