Re: [MV] insurance on a cucv

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 06:29:35 PST

Be very, very careful about insurance, especially JC Taylor.
I have fifteen vehicles on my Taylor policy, all twenty-five
years or older. For years, I recommended Taylor to my truck
buyers, but a customer in CT, contacted Taylor before he came
down to get the truck. Taylor wanted a picture of the truck in
a garage. He explained that the truck was in NJ and they asked
why. He told them that he just bought it and had to go get it.
They said: "You will not be covered for the drive home." Wow!
Big time shock. Taylor's application has an area to enter
non-club related miles, implying that you are covered in non-
club use. I don't know the answer.
In NJ, with Historical Vehicle tags, you are prohibited from just going for a Sunday drive, so if doing so and got in an
accident, Taylor could probably back out because you violated NJ's law on HMV use. Something to think about.
I went ahead and put regular tags on my deuce, insured it as a
private, non-commercial use truck, pay the higher premium through my fleet policy carrier and don't have to sweat.
Joe Young