Re: [MV] Commercial Trucks

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 06:49:02 PST

Having been in the Auto/Truck industry for years and then in Industrial
sales and engineering business, I can tell you that just about everything
is negotiable when it comes to sales. If someone tells you it is not
negotiable, then you are talking to either the wrong person or the wrong
company. Figure out what they buy if for, (this may take some work and
some intelligent guessing), determine what would be a fair markup, and then
negotiate to that price. There are a lot of truck dealerships and they
routinely do deep discounts for commercial accounts. They also get stuck
with customized vehicles that are specially built and then the order is
cancelled, etc. There are some real deals out there if you look for them
hard. Also, think about putting together a Request for Quote with some
basic specs and send it to every truck dealer within 250 miles. Commercial
dealerships are used to quoting to RFQs. If you can have a business you
are associated with do the RFQ, so much the better.

Good Luck,

Dave

--
Dave