how sears treats servicemen

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 23:37:54 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: Betty Parker
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 8:18 PM
To: Betty Parker
Subject: Shop at Sears

Shop at Sears

I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its
reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to
hold
their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take
a big
pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up...Sears is
voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all
benefits,
including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up
reservist
employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary
corporate
citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell
them
why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it
well
deserves.