Re: [MV] Hush-a-bomb

From: Ronzo (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 06:00:22 PDT

A couple of the engineers at the plant were playing around with figures
about the concrete bombs, dropped from an aircraft going 500 mph then
playing with the various speed/force vectors involved (forward + down from
5000 feet to allow guidance package to track etc) and came up with
approximate impact forces.
    Was approx 150 tons for a 500 lb bomb and 780 tons for a 2000 lb...
wasn't linear as they expected. Lota hurt there....look what happens when
the flush valve leaks on an airliner and a 5 lb chunk falls 25, 000 feet!

Ronzo