Re: [MV] 10 Ton Cargo

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 08:12:50 PDT

Marc, here is what I know about Jumbo. It weighs 32,000# empty. Has a PS box
the size of a small block chevy. Width I believe is 114" The engine was a
NOS V-8 of about 844 cubes. It does have ful airbrakes and I doubt that it
could be overloaded. Why its called a 10 ton I don't know. If I recall
correctly the rear bogies are rated at 65,000# The tractor version is usually
the truck of choice used by house movers. Bruce will no doubt answer more of
your questions later.
Kenny