M35A2 axle conversion/upgrade

From: Employee-email@MilVeh.com
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 14:37:20 PDT

Hey list, hope y'all had fun at Big Bear. I had
something to attend to due to this Iraqi situation and
couldn't make it, but sounded like a good event.

Q. I was wondering about the M35A2 axle conversion,
this is where the military converted the duals to
singles and then they typically run road tires....

a. When and why was this done?

b. How does it affect speed, braking, mileage or
performance?

c. Do you think it better or worse than old dual axle
setup?

d. Is there any difference in the value of trucks with
those kind of single wheel axles, less $ or more $?

As always, thanks in advance for your reply!

P.S. Good site: http://standupforamerica.us