Re: [MV] Churchville/convoy: Should I put my 50 cal on the truck

From: Bill & Bonnie Prestin (bprestin@chartermi.net)
Date: Sat Apr 19 2003 - 10:52:56 PDT

Hi Darin,
    No I haven't had any temperature problems. the truck is still in the
shop as I have several other maintenance issues I am trying to complete
along with the engine swap. I managed to retain the power steering pump on
the front of the LDS465-1A engine with some minor radiator shroud
modifications. from looking at the engine specs. I see the pump provides 5
gal.. min. at 1500 psi. (at 1000 rpm engine speed) ( I may have a use for
that pump later.) I still have to hook up a reservoir so fluid will flow
when the engine is running so I won't burn up the pump. I have only started
the engine twice for a couple of minutes to see that it runs & has good oil
pressure (it was a gov. rebuilt engine from Toole, still in the can). I
don't want to burn up that pump! The only reservoir I have been able to find
so far is the one for the 5 ton truck. is kind of pancake shaped. I hope to
find a place under the hood for it. My reasoning for removing the bridge
plate is to minimize any restriction I can. I think the winch already
obstructs the radiator somewhat. My radiator is new a couple of years ago.
So I'll let you know how it handles the new engines capacity.

Bill