Re: [MV] The metric system in America

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 12:40:59 PDT

Ryan...thats fine if someone wants a Brit car or a French car (I think
they have a system called Lowenhurst(sp)in France) and if you get out
the machinists handbook and look, there are other systems. Some of the
engine lathes of today will cut SAE, metric and a system called
modular...I don't know about this system... But we are Americans! And
the nation is being crippled by the mixing of SAE and metrics. Who
profits from it? The car companys? I don't think so...it just slows down
mechanical America. Unless someone can show me a good reason for
it...I'm gonna continue to bitch to high heavens...cause it's not right
for our fine country...and I'll bet theres not a mechanic in America
that will go against the grain on it. Fred Martin, Greenfield, Ohio