Best Source of GI MREs (For Eating In One's MV)...

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 15:40:22 PDT

Hi List...

I'm posting this for Aaron who is having trouble posting right now:

***

SUBJECT: MRE - Wanted: Meal Ready to Eat

Hi List,

Does anyone know of a good source for MREs? Not the civilian ones, but
the military ones, unopened with heaters, that are usually marked with
something like "Government Property Not For Resale"

I ask because the surplus store that I would order cases from would
actually call ME up when they got them in! But I just found out that
they no longer 'deal in them'. bummer, I used to buy them at $32 for a
case (12 in a case). They would sell them unopened, with the heaters,
in a case, and the "gov prop" was smudged but partially legible.
Formerly getting them at under $3 each, I'd really hate to stop by a
local bay area store and pay $7 or $8 for each!

Field rations go so well with MVs, and combat sims, and camping.
Anyone else have a hookup for the Good Stuff?

Aaron Horrocks
1952 M38A1
achb@pge.com

***

Thanks!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET

Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com