Re: [MV] M35/duece door handles that lock

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 19:15:36 PDT

>I saw these somewhere, anyone know who sells the similar-looking door
>handles which lock with a key from the outside?

There was an article in MV about locking door handles for an M37. I used
that as a starting point, pretty much did the same thing but the dimensions
were alittle different. Somewhere I made a drawing of it, if I can find it
perhaps I could send it out to whoever would be interested. Basically got a
locking door handle that looks and measures as close to the orignal as I
could find, removed the steel square rod and then cut it off to length and
turned a wide shallow groove in it, and put it back together. This could be
milled also or perhaps even a file, it's not much material to remove. I
have not seen the one that is for sale but this one works fine for me.

later,

je