Re: [MV] Radio Batteries

From: Julian Burke (julian@knology.net)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 20:09:24 PDT

$20 each, I hardly think so!!!!!!! Even if they were new that wouldn't be
reasonable.

They generally/barely go for $1 each and less as a souvenier and there were
plenty at Churchville this weekend. They are somewhat dangerous if they are
magnesium and can catch on fire for no reason sitting new in the package.
That's why they were surplused in such great quanity. At Aberdeen about
seven years ago there was a guy who had about 50 PALLETS of them!! They are
not hard to find by any means. Julian

> Okay, with the help of the folks on the list, these batteries have been
identified as being used in PRC25 and PRC77 radios. I have several of them
that I will sell, if anyone wants any. They are new, plastic-wrapped, in
boxes. I have not yet opened them to check their condition. If anyone is
interested, I will check them out and send them on their merry way. Is $20
each reasonable? Thanx again, all.