Re: [MV] MILDOCS.COM -- Deep Keyword Search Site for Electronic TMs...

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 23:08:02 PDT

Hi Mike...

FYI, I just plugged your NSN number into the upcoming MILDOCS.COM
Extended NSN Search and got the following:

  NSN: 6220-00-477-3738
  ORIGINAL PRICE PER UNIT: $358.50
  APPLIES TO: M747 SERIES 60-TON HEAVY EQUIPMENT TRANSPORTER
  CATEGORY: ELECTRIC VEHICULAR LIGHTS AND FIXTURES
  CATEGORY DESCRIPTION: INCLUDES AUTOMOTIVE, MARINE, RAILROAD,
     AND AIRCRAFT LIGHTS AND FIXTURES. EXCLUDES NONELECTRIC
     VEHICULAR FIXTURES.
  MENTIONED IN ETMS: TM 9-2330-294-24P
  ITEM SPECIFICATIONS:
  o OVERALL DEPTH: 6.620 INCHES NOMINAL
  o OVERALL LENGTH: 20.130 INCHES NOMINAL
  o OVERALL HEIGHT: 5.380 INCHES NOMINAL
  o VOLTAGE RATING IN VOLTS: 24.0 AC NOMINAL
  o LAMP TYPE ACCOMMODATED AND QUANTITY: 2 INCANDESCENT
  o MATERIAL: ALUMINUM ALLOY BODY
  o SURFACE TREATMENT: ENAMEL BODY

Do you all like this type of simple format for the output?

How could we make the upcoming MILDOCS.COM Extended NSN Search more
useful?

Any user suggestions as we finish this up for release?

Also, if you all want to stump us with unknown NSNs, please post them
and we'll run them through the search function to see how it works.

One more thing...we are considering putting the Extended NSN Search
function up on MILDOCS.COM for free for a day or two for you all to
try out. This is to benefit us in making sure that it is working
since it is a brand new function, but we expect that you would all be
more likely to subscribe after getting a taste of it. We will
announce the "free days" ahead of time so you can all store up NSN
numbers that you want to search for and make the most of it.

Thanks for all of your support in subscriptions as we move MILDOCS.COM
into the public sector to help the hobby!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com