Re: [MV] A challenging problem

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 09:51:08 PDT

M35a2 turbo multi-fuel:

Here is what I have going on:

If I disconnect the fuel line at the top of the fuel
tank and then I go an open the petcock at the fuel
filters on the engine and then I give it a very short
blast some air into the main line... messy, but a rag
contains most of it... then put it all back together
after bleeding out any ambient air at the filters...
the dang truck fires right up! Vrrooom, no problems!

It's my opinion that somehow air must leaking into the
system and be forming an embolism or that it doesn't
pull fuel under enough pressure to start it.

Once it's running I don't see any problems.

Even after I shut it off for a few hours it fires back
up, but let it sit longer and I have this start and
die...start and die thing going on.

I have done the following:

1. Changed fuel filters - it was doing the start and
die thing before filter change.

2. Inspected lines, tank and all seem clean and fine.

3. Pulled the tank filter it looks clean, even back
pressured some air thru the main line to see if
anything was stuck in there.

4. Loosened an injector and got fuel seepage with
accessory switch on... haven't checked it for flow
volume yet.

5. Checked the fuse and connection on the top of the
tank.

So anyone got any ideas? I'm sure willing to listen,
got to be a real simple thing I am missing here.

Thanks in advance you guys are great, been super
helpful to me in getting this beast going.

Jack (Chico-Ca)

http://standupforamerica.us