Re: [MV] A challenging problem

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 15:38:20 PDT

Hi Noel, yes that's right, Terry's idea of a gravity
fed pail would at least isolate the problem wouldn't
it.

I'm been tinkering with it again, but still no luck.
I haven't been to the parts house yet to get an
in-line check valve for the fuel tank line, but I'm
thinking there may be more to it now.

An air leak is one thing, but a restriction is another
and a restriction might be giving me the same
symptoms? Or perhaps a combination of the two, but an
air leak and an obstruction seems pretty unlikely.

Reason for saying it might be an obstruction is I'm
just getting back from my first real test drive. Runs
smooth enough. But, not much power, feels like I only
have about 50% of the power I should have and thats
why I think it has to be starving for fuel. This
would go hand in hand with insufficient fuel on start
up and causing it to die until I pressurize the line
and force fuel up in there and the engine then helps
pull it along.

Time to break out one of my manuals and trace this
fuel system down. As they say, when all else fails,
read the directions!

After that I will follow the fuel line inch by inch
and see if anything is visibly wrong. Too bad we're
not a tad closer. I would run over and see what I
could do to help with your LARC in exchange for some
time on the M35! lol Have you located those manuals
yet?

-Jack

P.S. Thanks to all who have been providing tips,
checking them all out too and sooner or later I'll get
it right.

--- noel shelley <noel@shelley1722.freeserve.co.uk>