Re: [MV] Gl BIDDING STRATEGY

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 21:43:28 PDT

> No, Tom, I wasn't kidding.

Lets face it, we all want stuff as cheap as possible. I think ebay bidding
is a slow road down to the dark side. It has even turned me into a "steal
it at the last minuet" guy (hanging my head in shame).

I don't think you can beat the other guy out of stuff at GL. So here's what
I have started to do.

I bid what I think would be a deal of a price early because it is a good
chance I will forget about the auction and remember it about 10 minuets
after it's over. This way if everyone else forgets I win.

If I remember to sit in front of my computer at closing time, I bid my top
dollar at 15 minuets before close. Of course I usually bid again with a new
top dollar amount a few minuets later if someone out bids me. It does no
good to wait any longer than 15 minuet before because it will not end until
15 minuets after the last bid.

It took months for met to form this policy and I like it. Completely
different that ebay. I also only bid on stuff at Fort Jackson here in
Columbia, so don't nobody else bid on stuff there. Just kidding (no I'm
not).

Joe Trapp