Re: [MV] M35 parking brake question

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 21:49:50 PDT

There is more adjustment linkage at the brake drum it self. I took most of
the adjustment out at the lever and adjusted it at the drum. Now for fine
tuning I can adjust the nuts on the hand lever. Should be able to adjust
the lever several times before having to crawl back under the truck.

I also installed a stronger spring at the drum. I also attacted the spring
in a diffent place on the chasie, more of a dirrect pull instead of the
angel the old spring was at. This pulls the shoes back real good so I don't
have wear from them dragging.

I also like the lever type over the pull it strait up type. I have the
strait up type in a couple of trucks and I tend to get impelled every time I
leave the truck. OW!

Joe Trapp