Re: [MV] A challenging fuel delivery problem:

From: Terry Lane (tlane@mobynet.com)
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 13:20:18 PDT

Jack, let me know where to get a check valve to prevent drainback. My
tank had big chuncks of rust along with millions of little ones. It also
had big globules of some substance that looked like jellyfish???--I am
waiting for it to get boiled out completely. I will have to repaint it
and also seal it with epoxy tank paint inside. It should be ready by
wednesday or so and I will prep it and get it ready for saturday fire
up. In the mean time I rigged a gravity flow tank hanging from the
sideboards that holds five gallons of diesel and ran some concentrated
Conklins diesel fuel system cleaner through it and it "really runs good"
and is ready for the tank reinstall. It never died out with the 5 gal
nurse tank on it and started right up after shutting it down repeatedly,
so hopefully this will solve the fuel delivery problem. I dismantled the
little tokeim pump that goes into the tank and I think it is a
centrifugal type pump.I couldn't figure out how it spun??? I took the
base off and it was all rusty also, so will have to clean it thuroughly
also. I guess that is why this great stuff is
called tired iron. ----terry