Re: [MV] M35 air buzzer

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 14:16:37 PDT

Hi Caleb,

         It's not the State it's a Federale regulation. You should be able
to acquire a NOS low air warning light properly marked and 24V to boot and
install it with the low air buzzer switch. This will ensure the light comes
on when the buzzer does. It WILL look worse for you if you don't have a low
air light.

         I read a statement from another list member that the turn signal
sounds the buzzer. Figuring he is not alone wouldn't you like the ability
to look at the dash and verify it's not low air pressure?

         By the way there is a gent< I haven't found out his name yet who
plows snow for the State of New Hampshire out of a barn in Nashua with a
Mogas guzzling 6x6 XM-220. Leaves it parked there all summer long and plows
every winter with no fall. And to those who worry themselves to death over
the Cadillac designed four speed high and low range automatic transmission
it's still in this truck with the original GMC six banger running strong
every winter. The shed foreman uses it as the rear truck in the conga line
keeping Route 3 open and stated it has no trouble keeping up no matter how
much snow they throw at it. Remember the rules of old GMC auto's. WARM EM
UP to at least 100 F on the gauge the start out in low range until you see
150 F THEN go to high range and it will serve you faithfully.

AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

falling off my soapbox.

Jim

At 12:16 PM 5/17/2003 -0700, Caleb Pal, Network Operations wrote:
>Hello list,
>
>I thought I would jump in and ask a question while this is going on. I have
>a M211 in Washington state, and it does not have a low air light, just the
>buzzer. Does anyone know what the law is in washington? Would it be a good
>idea to hook up a red light in the dash and mark it LOW AIR? Or would this
>not look good to an inspection becuase it is not original?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Caleb
>
>1952 GMC XM211 "Duece and a Half"

James Shanks