Re: [MV] M35 Tweeking for power

From: Mark Ehle (markehle@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 14:26:59 PDT

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that the multifuel
engines that are marked "diesel only" have had their compensators screwed
all the way in from the rebuild depot. Is that right? Or are they removed
entierly? Messing with the pump itself might be dangerous, but I do not see
how shutting off the compensator could hurt anything.

There was also discussion on this list a while back to the effect that the
compensator quite often is not adjusted correctly, or will loose adjustment
over time.

I know for a fact in my case, screwing the adjuster in has not affected the
longevity of my motor. It has run this way for over two years now, and I
have noticed that it has only gotten more power over the time I have owned
it. It make lots of black smoke, but mine is a non-turbo, and it made a ton
of smoke before I adjusted it.

Mark