Re: [MV] M35 Tweeking for power

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 18:10:53 PDT

> Terry -
>
> Looking at the pump, it is on the right side underneath a metal cap that
is
> held on with safety wire. All I did was just take off the cap, screw the
> adjusting screw all the way in, and put the cap back on.

DON'T DO IT MAN.

That may be OK, but I would be careful. If I understand it correctly you
can put too much fuel into the engine this way. I adjusted my screw
(treaded rod with two nuts on it) by turning the nuts two full turns. This
gave me lots of power. Cruised up hill. I blew the head gasket a few weeks
later. Didn't damage anything, but I turned it back down to about where it
was before I messed with it. I plan to install a pyrometer one day (I also
plan to lose 25 pounds too) and if I do I will turn it back up a little. I
have no doubt you can melt the engine if you put too much fuel to it.

That is not good, that is bad (can you name that movie?)

My truck at present will run most hills empty at 55 and I didn't gear down
one single time on my 1000 mile trip on a hill, when I was not following
someone. And I had my jeep in tow behind me and about a ton in the back.

As for the compensator, it is a mystery to me. I have been studying one
that has been by passed and I'm not sure how it works.

Just be careful. It's more to these things that most folks realize. As a
side note, all of mine are turbo's.

Joe Trapp