Re: [MV] M35 Tweeking for power

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 20:39:38 PDT

Whew... finally I am making some small progress,
thanks to you guys and all the great suggestions!

Discovered timing was a tad off, but I haven't set it
yet. Hoping this will give me some more power... I
dunno, not familiar with the strange ways of a diesel.
 My first experience tinkering on one.

Cleaned the fuel lines today and I actually noticed
some improvement. Guess you guys were right, it was a
fuel related problem. Starts better too.

I will be taking apart fuel injectors sometime this
weekend and cleaning them. Couldn't hurt and that
might give me a tad more performance.

Now about other tweeks for pepping up the Continental
Turbo'd, Multifuel LD-465-1C engine. Any ideas for
more power anyone?

I read where adding shims to the governor spring would
increase fuel output? Is this something I might want
to try? My MPG seems pretty good, haven't checked it
officially but I would say 10 mpg or better.

What about tweeking the fuel density compensator
somehow?

Right now the engine seems to run fairly smooth, no
smoke, just a little slow to rev up. Notice at about
2100-2500 engine seems to get a little power from the
turbo. Thinking this is the mildest turbo I have ever
seen too.

Thanks again for your help, you guys have been great!

Jack