Re: [MV] tapping noise in M35

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 19:37:22 PDT

That pipe did get fiddled with a bit, the flex pipe that is, when I
replaced the passenger fender and had to dismount and reinstall the
exhaust pipe. The gasket from the flex pipe to the exhaust pipe didn't
get put back in I discovered. It was broken. That's about the time the
sound started.

I will have to replace the gasket, and listen to the sound more
carefully, and see if it is chirping or tapping.