Re: [MV] MV COMM-NET (no mil content)

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 15:31:55 PDT

Recovry4x4@aol.com wrote:
> OK Hams, who pays for the repeaters that all y'all claim are available? I'm
> just curious!
> Kenny

Club dues cover the phone bill...and if you made long distance
calls...you paid for them yourself.
If you need moneys to buy a repeater...donations or club projects. Been
many of 'em purchased close to where you used to live. Seems like they
were old used GE or Motorola commercials...and a bit of ham enginuity
The ones you hear with all the fancy bells and whistles and voice
recordings (after you get the fever) will cost you a truck. Fred ke8ss