Re: [MV] 24 Volt Amplifier and speakers?

From: Joe Shannon (fordpart@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 19:59:34 PDT

I used to be full time in the business of building these competition
stereo systems. I used to have a show truck that would make a full can
of coke spin in the roof while playing country music. the only 24 volt
based amps or head units I ever fooled with was in airplanes and real
amplifier with a mosfet power supply will not run off of a 24 to 12
coverter they pull as much as 300 amps at times I used to have 4
batteries hook paralel and could not run at a parade or car show for a
long period of time.