Re: [MV] IHC...making alphabet soup

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 19:59:41 PDT

I have been there! not with a hydravac, but with enough dirt and rust
and rusty water and other unknown fluids, and nuts, and lockwashers..
Ever been inside a combine?

This story reminds me of something I saw on a website and bookmarked.
I don't know what it means, but it is special to me for the reasons
you mentioned and should be to anyone who has crawled around under and
into ancient filthy machinery. here is the applicable text:

..."You view large many-spindled rotating machinery. you view the
undercarriage of trucks, noting fuel, vapor, brake, oil lines; noting
the deposits and slimes in the crevices and small corners of the welds
and in the slots of the lockwashers beneath the heads of bolts. This
is the dust of mechanoid existence, of toil, neglect, abuse."

if you are intrigued, see question 9 at:
http://www.moonshine.50megs.com/PSYCOTST.htm

or just look at the whole bizzarre page, it is a hoot:
http://www.moonshine.50megs.com/

(hint: get lickered up first..)