Re: [MV] Landing Mats on a Dirt Slope For Deuce Parking...

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 05:53:15 PDT

Hi Jim,
Parking on a slope, in general is probably not very desirable, you couldn't
even check oil levels...
Why not level the area. Build a retaining wall 5 feet high at the bottom of
the incline, use concrete and build a well in the center for working below
the truck and fill the remaining space with dirt and rocks sloping and
landscaping the sides.
A 5 foot high retaining wall is what you would need for a 25 ft long level
area based on the 20% incline.

Of course living near SF may present problems with building permits etc.
Cost wise, probably comprable to the steel.

Just for the fun of it,

Bjorn
Meadows of Dan, Virginia