Re: [MV] Best spot 4 antenna on M35????

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 14:07:55 PDT

Mounting RT524-radio/antenna to: M35A2, w/hardtop,
W/O/W, now w/pyrometer!

The radio installation manual (TM 11-5820-890-20-8)
shows I'm supposed to mount the antenna in back of the
cab on the M35.

I thinking this must be for the shorter dual antenna's
not the big whip antenna (part # AS-1729) used on the
RT-524 transceiver. I am installing the RT 524.

Anyone have any suggestions as to the best place to
mount that big whip antenna? Somebody once told me
the front bumper. Open to suggestions.

Next: Seems like the space under the passenger seat
is about the only place available to mount the radio.
Anybody ever mount one differently?

As always, thanks in advance and by the way, and I
can't say this part enough... you all have sure have
helped out a lot on this truck project.

Can't thank ya enough, what a great resource of
knowlegable, decent people! You been great and the
truck now looks and runs great too thanks to your
help!

http://milveh.com

Jack
Chico-CA