Re: [MV] FARBY Wehrmacht Motorcycle (?)

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 20:36:46 PDT

At 9:26 AM -0400 6/22/03, Ronzo wrote:
> So if I bought a URAL as pictured on their US web site home page
>http://www.imz-ural.com/ and dressed it up with an ersatz MG42 and got some
>very large(think potato dumpling/sausage stuffed Sergeant Shultz size) repro
>WWII Wehrmacht uniforms, I would be able to attend the various WWII US
>events as a reenactor/target?
> A new, relatively cheap, sidecar bike added to the stable is a
>possibility, where as another non running resto project added to the stable
>is out of the question.
> Would this look alike WWII Axis vehicle be accepted in most clubs or
>would it and the owner be shunned?

I'm not sure on this bit. Given that WWII german gear is exceedingly
rare, some allowances are made.

> How are HMV's from Axis powers received by the public in the US at
>events? How would knock off Axis vehicles be received?

As a re-enactor of German WWII soldiers, you have to either take the
very high road in how you do your impression or you get easily lumped
with the nazi crowd. There are some SS units that even manage to do
it the proper way and avoid the problems. One way is to avoid
displaying the Red German flag at camps. What area are you in Ronzo?
I might be able to hook you up with a group in the mid-atlantic area.

Try 7th Komapnie, GrossDeutchlan, they're a first rate unit.

http://www.german-helmets.com/GD/indexc.htm

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/2)