Re: [MV] HELP!!! Spark plug SNAP!

From: Buck & Rami Sharp (bls@inebraska.com)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2003 - 08:31:57 PDT

no problem dude just get a e-z out and take a torch and heat the surrounding
area just like you was running it not red hot so that it distorts the metal
and tap the extractor in and tap on the extractor while you are turning it
out i had to use a big ass crescent wrench on a square extractor and taped
quite a bit i would not use a round type unless its a good one by that i
mean tuff they are the shits to get out when they get broke off if they do
the square ones are much easier to get back out i have removed 3 plugs out
of my jeep and 4 out of a half-track motor with this method and have only
broke one extractor it was on the jeep ow ya ware safety goggles because
when they brake its hard metal flying. when i broke it i was trying brute
force with a 12 inch crescent without tapping or pinitrant around the base
oops. no i wasn't pushing that hard but without the tapping no dice since
then ive bought a really nice set i forgot the name but ill go look if you
would like. with the new ones which are round i just tap and unscrew they
are really tough. hope this all helps i wouldn't take off the head unless
its the last resort people like to help spend your money on a easy job you
can handle even a propane torch for the heat should do let us all know how
it turns out.