Multifuel oil filter problem

From: Jim (gadget@easypath.com)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 18:36:41 PDT

    I just received some M35 multifuel oil filters from Saturn Surplus. They
show the correct NSN on their website, but they sent me NSN 2940-00-884-4801
which is a filter kit containing a paper filter (not metal), 3 gaskets (up
to 6 1/4" diameter) and 2 cotter pins.
    The filters appear to be the same size, and have built in rubber gaskets
on top and bottom. They were made in 85, mil exp in 88.

    I can't find any of the numbers on these filters on the Internet. Does
anyone know if these are okay to use on a multifuel "D" motor? I just
changed the oil and I'd really like to put new filters in now, but not at
the risk of them being wrong. Got to be on the road in the AM, wish I had
more time to get other filters!

Thanks,
Jim