Re: [MV] Dumb Question

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 19:48:26 PDT

Bruce, how far is that trip? Considerations that I can think of would be bed
height. If you are moving stuff you can carry than you can fashion up a long
U-Haul type ramp. If its heavy stuff it will be tough getting it up in a 5 ton.
 Also consider the total weight in each load. The beds on a duece just aren't
big enough to overload them with ordianry houshold furnishings. If thats all
you have than a deuce might do the job. Cheaper to purchase, maintain, insure,
register and so forth. On highway capacity of a deuce is 10,000#. On the
other hand, I've used excuses like moving to justify similar purchases. If you
need endorsements to satisfy your better half than we can do that too. A duece
just isn't enough for some folks! I bought my first 5 Ton just to have PS.

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee FL
71 A.M. General M35A2
73 A.M. General M275A2