Re: [MV] Dot 3 or Dot 5

From: rertman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 21:26:08 PDT

When you change to silicone-based DOT5 brake fluid, its essential
that you COMPLETELY flush and clean all of the old fluid. There
may be other reasons for the color change, but one of them (so I'm
told by a mechanic I trust) is a color change from purple when DOT5
is mixed with lower number fluids.

Dick