Re: [MV] Looking for a M35A2--Are auction vehicles generally drivable?

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 10:28:40 PDT

Hi Steve:

    A few listers have driven theirs home from DRMO or other auctions, but
these seem to be the thrill seekers<g>. And the prices you quote ARE what
wholesale is/has gone up to. Tho I see one on list for 2 grand once in a
while, the pricing on MV's has just gone through the roof the past year or
so.
    One thought: if you are on the east coast try www.joeyoung.com. I
have never heard of someone buying one he has fixed up which was not able
to drive home.. If you're not in a hurry, you can often find them by
tracking down rumors and find one with a specialized body on it for under a
thousand dollars. Then replace the body with a bed.

    Good Luck.

           Paul