Re: [MV] Looking for a M35A2--Are auction vehicles generally drivable?

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 13:32:02 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neil E. Amrhein" <neil@compu-powr.com>

> No offense is meant by this, but, generally, anyone asking this
question
> is probably not someone who should start out cold by buying from the
> auctions. Let someone else take the risk, sell you a runner, and make a
> little profit. Then, after you are intimate with that truck, you can think
> about buying your next one from an auction. There is ALWAYS a next
one......

That is very well said. That is exactly what I was thinking. I bought my
first M35 a little over a year ago and picked it up from a dealer. Paid
what I still believe to be a reasonable price. That was the last one I will
buy from a dealer. Now that I know a little about them I can get by cheaper
from the DRMO. I have bought 3 trucks that have ended up running. I have
bought a couple of parts trucks too. Drove one of the runners home. Sold
another to my father-in-law. I will probable keep my first one just because
it is everything I wanted in the truck. The others are just to have
something to do.

As for the dealer truck, I went to the dealer so I would end up with a
running, complete truck. It ended up having no brakes and I didn't discover
that until I was on the way home. Very nervous trip. Of course I was more
nervous driving the runner from the DRMO past the MP's with no passengers
front fender or lights of any kind. Good brakes though.

Joe Trapp