Re: [MV] M35 brake bleeding directions

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 05:26:12 PDT

The bleeder valve on the air/hydraulic cylinder bleeds a small chamber which
leads to a valve, which operates the air booster. It also bleeds the line
from the master cylinder. Since you can reach the brake pedal linkage from
there, it's an easy "bleed".
If an air bubble is present in this chamber it will act as cushion and the
air valve(s) will not operate properly. Bleed it!

As far as the order in which the wheel cylinders are bled, it doesn't
matter, they don't effect each other. If a given line is bled and there are
no air bubbles in that line, the only way to get air, or any additional
fluid in it, for that matter, would be if the bleeder valve was not closed
properly (or the wheel cylinder leaking).

Important: Keep the master cylinder above minimum fluid level at all times,
if it sucks air you have to start over.

Bjorn