Re: [MV] M35 brake bleeding directions

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 18:59:01 PDT

> Ronzo is making a house call in the morning

 From all I've read, that's reason to panic in and of itself! Will Ron be
in civies or wearing his red nose? < g,d,rlh>

For the brakes, bleed the farthest first and the nearest last. Passenger
side rear duallie first, then drivers side, then passenger ( I can't recall
if Civilian or Military calls Left the left side... long week! ) side front
duallie then driver front duallie.. then passenger front then driver front
wheel. As brake fluid is cheap I usually bleed them twice, minimum.

I believe the idea is the bubbles will be 'stuck' in the other lines... if
you clear the farthest line first then that direct line is clear... then
the next closest to make that line ' clear '... the only ' if ' is if one
of your wheel cylinders is leaking badly: it might let the air bubbles in
that line move back into the ' cleared ' lines when you bleed another
line. But that's hypothetical... or perhaps that's why I bleed em twice. :}

         Paul